It seems I have multiple 1Password versions installed and am unable to update

Options

Hello,

I have a trouble with updating 1Password because it seems I have 2 versions installed at once.
Unfortunately I am not able to resolve it because I cannot uninstall version 7.6.785 through Apps & Functions.

When I try to open 1Password version 7.4.767 is used. This version says I have to update. When I do so new version is detected and it is suggested it should be opened instead. But it does not open.

I had 1Password X installed within Chrome, but uninstalled as I suspected it from interfering.

Also previously I had a problem with 1Password reporting incompatible locked (keychain?) file version.
So I uninstalled and installed new version then entered personal information once more.

Hope you will be able to help.
I am worried about running into security risks with outdated version.
Thanks for your time,
Michal

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Pro 1903 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple versions installed

Comments

• Hey there @stemberamichal 👋

It definitely looks like you've run into a bit of trouble with different installed versions of 1Password for Windows, could you send me and my team an email over at support+windows@1password.com so we can continue this conversation there, and take a closer look at things with you?

Make sure you reference this forum thread in the subject of your email so we can pick it out from the crowd. 😊

• stemberamichal
    stemberamichal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Blake 👋

Thank you for reaching out, I will definitely do that :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stemberamichal:

Thank you! After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• stemberamichal
    stemberamichal
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    I for some reason did not send it yesterday and it was in my draft list.
    So here it goes: #JWW-22468-687 I hope it is what you asked for as I could not see it mentioned explicitely anywhere.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stemberamichal:

Thank you! That's exactly what I was referring to :) I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: JWW-22468-687

• stemberamichal
    stemberamichal
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    I have resolved it with the support team.

They recommended uninstalling 1Password through command line (Application & functions was not working):

1. Open Command Prompt
    2. 1Password.exe --uninstall
    3. Restart machine

I had to locate 1Password.exe file first which I did by:

1. Type 1Password to Windows search field
    2. Right clicked 1Password app
    3. Chose "Open file location"/"Show file in containig folder" (not sure as I do not have English Windows version)
    4. In that folder I ran the command provided above (1Password.exe --uninstall)
    5. I restarted and installed latest 1Password version

Thanks for your help,
    Michal

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @stemberamichal! I am glad to hear that things are working as expected once again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.