Using 1password 6, restore vaults after getting a new MAC

hzhong
hzhong
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

[EDIT: nvm, downloaded 1password6 from the website and it works now]

I've been using 1password 6 for a few years (purchased through App Store). I have two vaults: primary synced via iCloud, and family synced via dropbox.

Now I'm getting a new MAC, and downloaded 1password 7 from App Store (couldn't find the old version). Upon install it imported my primary vault through iCloud, and I couldn't find out how to restore my family vault. There is no "create vault" option.

I realize 1password has transitioned into a subscription model. All I want to do is to be able to continue to use my old vaults, and am struggling to find out how. Can I only have one vault now without 1password subscription? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud and dropbox

Comments

• hzhong
    hzhong
    Community Member

Actually, now I see that even the primary vault is read-only. Any suggestion how I can get the old version? Is subscription the only way forward? Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hzhong!

You can use 1Password 7 also without a subscription, but you will need a new license for it, since version 7 was a paid upgrade. If you don't want to upgrade and you would like to continue the old app, if you previously purchased 1Password 6 from the App Store, please make sure you download version 6 again from your App Store purchase history. If you download 1Password from the main App Store page, it will download 1Password 7 now.

This discussion has been closed.