How how to handle "low risk" websites

Options

Hello all,

Have been using 1Password for 2 weeks now and liking it. I have turned off the passwords in my chrome browser and am wondering now how to handle "low risk" websites like the NY times, for example, or CNN.com that I click on frequently during the day, if I don't want to go through the whole ritual of unlocking the 1Password app and launching that website from inside there?

Should I use the Password Manager in Chrome just for those websites and leave out the more risky ones like bank account websites?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cosmasad1!

Personally, I have decide to use 1Password to handle all websites, no matter their risk. This helped me get into the habit of storing everything securely in one place, and getting 1Password to fill information for me. If you think 1Password is locking too often for your taste, you always have the option to tweak the lock settings so that 1Password stays unlocked for longer, without having to store some logins outside of it.

• Cosmasad1
    Cosmasad1
    Community Member
    Options

I thought about that but I guess I'm wondering if there is another way to handle when I called a low risk WEBSITES. So that it's absolutely easy to go to them without having to treat great for one password

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cosmasad1:

Not in 1Password directly: everything is protected in the same way. You can certainly continue storing some websites outside of 1Password if you prefer, but our official recommendation is always to let 1Password handle everything to avoid interference with your browser password manager:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Having said that, as long as you are aware of this, and you don't mind in case interference happens, you can certainly continue managing two sets of passwords if you prefer, one in 1Password and one outside :+1:

• Cosmasad1
    Cosmasad1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, ana. I appreciate your insight.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @Cosmasad1! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.