How can I sort my documents saved in my Vault into Folders

edited November 12 in Windows

Hello. I would like to organise my documents saved into the Documents section in my vault into folders. Is this possible?

I see there is an option to attach a Tag, but I'm not sure if you can assign the same Tag to all the documents at once? Can you sort by Tag?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sub folders in vault

Comments

• GregGreg

Team Member

Hi @RobinKotze,

We do not have folders in 1Password now, but you are right: you can use a tag instead. Learn more about them here:

Organize with favorites and tags

You can select all document items in your listt and drag the items to a tag in the sidebar. Or right-click the items and choose Tags.

After that, to view your tagged items, click a tag in the sidebar.

Let me know how it works for you. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Hello. I am giving 1Password a try after many years of putting up with KeePassX's old UI and limitations, then I migrated to Bitwarden for the last year. Now, I find 1Password's UI prettier and it's ability to share items is a significant improvement over Bitwarden, but its useless animations are a big turn-off, and the lack of folders even more so (I find it surprising that people have criticized the animations for years and 1Password has not yet implemented a way to disable them). It also freezes in Catalina.

Back to folders: I do not care about the built-in categories, with close to 800 user names/passwords to manage, scrolling through a list, or having to type to search every time is just annoying and slow. I understand that using tags accomplishes the same thing, but instead of forcing users to do it your way, you should provide that flexibility. I might not stay after the 30 days trial.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file