1Password 6 will not open in Big Sur

2»

Comments

• I downloaded a fresh copy of v.7 from the 1Password website and not from the Mac App Store, and I don't see an option to purchase a license. There's only the subscription option. How do I get it?

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@Kir - membership will be the way forward with 1Password 7 for Mac and future versions. If you have a standalone setup and you've either created a new vault or imported/synced existing standalone vaults, you should be able to click 1Password > License and click the "Buy Now" window in the pop-up window. That should bring you to the Purchase Options pop-up which will have a link to "Need a license? We have those too."

• Thanks, but I don't have a "License" item in my 1Password menu.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@Kir - what do you see if you open 1Password > Preferences > Accounts - is there an account listed there?

• KirKir
    edited January 4

Yes but there is no option to buy a license. If I click "Your 1Password account is in trial mode" the only choice is the monthly subscription.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member
    edited January 4

@Kir - that would explain it, then: you opened a 1password.com account when you installed 1Password 7 for Mac. The reason you can no longer choose the standalone license purchase option is that when you have a 1password.com account, a license is not required -- 1Password accounts come with all four of our native applications (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android) included at no extra charge.

If you want to switch to a license, you would need to create a standalone vault, transfer all of the 1Password data that is in the account vault(s) into that standalone vault, then remove the account -- you will then be able to follow my above instructions to purchase a license. Here are specific steps to do that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file