How to install my 2016 license on license windows 10 app

Options

HI, I purchased 1Password back in 2016 and I have a perpetual license. I have moved from my old MAC to a new Windows 10 machine and installed the local app "1Password". I only have write access to my database and can't seem to install my license file, which ends in the extension of ".settings", or ".ws.agile.1Password.settings" specifically. How do I install my license and resume read AND write access to my password database?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:license local

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andrewpriest, sorry for the troubles and confusion!

That .settings file is not your license file and I believe that it is possible that you purchased a standalone license for 1Password for Mac, but now you are trying to activate it in 1Password 7 for Windows.

Please shoot us an email to support+windows@1password.com, attach the receipt for your license purchase, and we will see what we can do for you.

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• thomas_havranek
    thomas_havranek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have a similar problem: I have a standalone version with a license key I have and its running on a Windows 10 laptop. Now I have a new one, downloaded 1Password and when I open it, it asks me to add the license key or purchase a license. When I klick on license key it asks for a license file but I have no idea where to find this file, although I have the license key in my vault?

Best, Thomas

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thomas_havranek:

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, we will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ULL-83392-223

This discussion has been closed.