Memory leak

Options
donblanco
donblanco
Community Member

Just noticed I was getting a lot of spinning beach balls and slowness. Showing 2.25GB of memory in ActivityMonitor. Quit everything, started up using only 70mb or so. Now back up to 154mb. Am I going to have to fully force quit this app every. single. day???

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: unsure

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @donblanco!

Now back up to 154mb. Am I going to have to fully force quit this app every. single. day???

I see a similar value on my machine, so it doesn't look like you need to restart every single day:

In case you notice this going back to the previous value you saw, by all means feel free to send us some logs and we will be happy to take a closer look at why this is happening to you :+1:

• donblanco
    donblanco
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yep, just froze up, almost 1GB in memory, had to force quit from ActivityMonitor. Will send logs.

• mike_uk
    mike_uk
    Community Member
    Options

I have this exact same problem. Started with move to Big Sur 11.0.1 when I upgraded to Version 7.7

• donblanco
    donblanco
    Community Member
    Options

well mine seems to have settled down, so I forgot all about this. But I'm still on Catalina 10.15.7

• zeitxx
    zeitxx
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B50) and 1Password 7.7 (70700015) on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) and getting beach ball everytime I try to do something with 1Password. Even searching almost crashes the app...
    Activity Monitor shows a memory usage of 1,92GB and almost every 5mins it increases by 0,01GB.

I've sent some logs to you.

• kevinrambaud
    kevinrambaud
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue for me on a MacBook Pro 15" late 2016 using Big Sur. 1Password is now using 3.16 GB of memory, it's really slow.

• mdze
    mdze
    Community Member
    Options

Created my account just to tell that I am having the same issue on my mac running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. The 1password 7.7 was getting super slow, then I checked the memory usage with htop and it was showing almost 2GB. I had to kill the 1password process to be fast again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you everyone for the updates! Our developers are aware of this and are working on improvements. Thank you for your patience :)

• donblanco
    donblanco
    Community Member
    Options

Happened again - sent log to support per your earlier link...
    Support ID [#RJH-16237-729]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@donblanco:

Thank you! I have found your report. We will take a look and some one will get back to your email as soon as possible :+1:

ref: RJH-16237-729

This discussion has been closed.