Sync is failing intermittently between my 3 Macs and iPhone

Options
2»

Comments

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Lock and unlock does not trigger a sync for me. The only way is to toggle off and on Wi-Fi, or force quit 1Password or restart my computer.

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

My problem was temporarily resolved with a restart of my iMac, however this morning changes on my iOS devices are not synchronising to my iMac unless I cycle the wifi.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iwaddo:

Thank you! I see that my colleagues are helping you via email already, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :+1:

ref: MHV-82261-117

• Boukobz
    Boukobz
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

Same issue for me
    1password 7.7 standalone license with 2 vaults (1 iCloud and 1 dropbox)
    and setup on 2 iMac and 1 MacBook Air all on BigSur

when I make a change of add a new item in 1p it doesn't start a sync automatically
    the only trick to do it is restart the Mac or completely quit with right click on the menu bar icon
    and it's the same on the 3 computers

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am wondering if there is any update on diagnosing or fixing this issue. Now on all my Macs, I can confirm either switching vaults or doing what is recommended above (turning wifi off then back on) forces everything to sync instantly, otherwise other macs are not updating. iOS devices have no issues and keep up to date with sync. This is using my 1password account.

Thank you.

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member
    Options

@pinskerj

the Support team is working on it

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I'm late to the game, but on 7.7.1 beta, lock/unlock still is not forcing a sync, but completely quitting 1Password and relaunching does.

I'm aware of development's position on a force sync function, but sync on Mac without lock/unlock or quit/relaunch has never worked for me, and I have been a customer since 2014.

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@verdi1987 What are developments views on a force sync function? Please expand.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    Options

@iwaddo, I don't want to start a war, but here is one example: https://1password.community/discussion/115180/one-more-time-about-forcing-a-sync

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

I 100% support the idea that it should be fixed and we should not have to rely on forcing it to sync, having said that I see no harm in having two things

• a sync button
    • the ability to see when it last synced

Regards

• matthew2
    matthew2
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana locking and unlocking 1Password does not solve this issue...

This issue is extremely frustrating...

• akmedia
    akmedia
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I’m experiencing this issue too. My Support Ticket number is: XVN-49587-525.

Since filing my report and after having submitted diagnostics, I am realizing that this issue is not only affecting my MacBook Air running macOS Big Sur 11.1, but also affecting my Mac mini running macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 (19H114).

And, since the Mac mini is connected via Ethernet, the only way to force 1Password to re-sync with the 1Password.com server is to quit 1Password completely.

This issue does not seem to affect 1Password X on Chrome or Firefox.

Agilebits: This issue was first posted 1 month ago today! Also as of today, your support staff has not been alerted to this issue — and it's still a huge problem. 1Password.com isn't an inexpensive service. We expect that you should be doing better, faster.

Thanks for your help and support.

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member
    Options

@akmedia - one fix is to select a different vault (for example your private vault), then switch back the vault you were using. All the items will immediately sync. Or you can turn Wifi off then on again on your computer. All the items will immediately sync. This consistently works on all of my Macs. It's a pain to do this every time, but I find I have to now on all my Macs or items do not sync. This only affects the Mac when using a 1password account, seems to have started in the v7.7 beta's and still present in the latest 7.7 releases and betas. All my Macs are affected. These are the only fixes I know of. I hope they will fix it soon.

• akmedia
    akmedia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the workarounds, @pinskerj! Very much appreciated!

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member
    Options

Just wondering when a fix will come out for this? Now my wife is complaining on her mac, items she enters on the phone are not syncing to the mac. Switching to the private vault on the mac, then back to our shared vault, suddenly she can search and find the new items in the 1password app. She is not happy, I was informed 1password is an expensive service. Worth it completely, but we have never had sync problems in the past until the v7.7 app (I saw and reported this in the betas as well of 7.7). This bug also affects Mojave, so all supported version of MacOS. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.