Invite People - a Guest, duhhh how does this work?

Options
Folly
Folly
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm a complete newbie who has signed up with a Families Acct. and been poking around for 3 hours.
I cant understand why this is so difficult.

****https://support.1password.com/explore/families/****
Get started with 1Password Families
Sign up for 1Password Families today. Already have an account? Sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Click Invite People in the sidebar and choose Upgrade to a Family.

"Click Invite People" I cant for the life of me find this. What side bar? - The one on the left "All Vaults"??

****https://support.1password.com/guests/#invite-a-guest****
Invite a guest
Sign in to your account on the 1Password website.
Click Invitations in the sidebar.
Click Invite by Email, then enter the email addresses of the guests you want to invite.
Choose Guest from the menu, then click Invite.

Again - "Invitations"??? where on earth is this? I cant find it.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Invite a guest

Comments

• Folly
    Folly
    Community Member
    Options

I'm back. If you have a kind answer for me, could you post a picture in your reply, and at the same time show me, how to post a picture. It seems as if you can only add a picture as an attachment and I don't know if that shows up in the reply or has to be down loaded to be seen.
    Thanks Folly

• Folly
    Folly
    Community Member
    Options

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Folly: As mentioned in the guide, you'll need to Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in your web browser,
    and then Click Invite People in the sidebar.

You won't have "Invitations" there to the right until after you've invited someone and upgraded the membership. Give that a try and let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• Folly
    Folly
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Brenty.
    So I am here now and things are moving along in the right direction.

But what did I do to end up here with no side bar??
    Do I want to be in this screen again?

Thank you.
    I was about to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I will hang around and see if I can get this baby to work.
    Cheers

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Folly:

But what did I do to end up here with no side bar??
    Do I want to be in this screen again?

Are you referring to the 1Password for Windows desktop app (your second screenshot)?

• Folly
    Folly
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

Yes. I seems that I am. I now understand that there is an app for Windows 10 and that one can also log in from a browser.
    They give different presentations.
    Why is this so?
    Why would I want both on my PC; isn't one way of getting into 1Password enough?

Having launched the APP located in the start menu (now that the light bulb has been turned on) I was asked for my Secret Key and Masterpassword.
    With the app now open its is **again **asking for my Masterpassword .
    Why? This is so confusing.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Folly,

Web interface on 1Password.com is helpful, if you can't install any software (on your work PC, for example). If it is your home PC, I would recommend you to use 1Password 7 for Windows when you work with your items, as it is much more convenient. But if you need to change the settings (or billing) for your 1Password account, you can sign in on 1Password.com. I hope it makes it clearer.

As for this message that you see in 1Password 7 for Windows now: do you remember removing any accounts from the app recently? Usually, this message is shown when you sign out of the first account and the app updates the Master Password that you use to unlock it to match the next account.

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.