Chrome extension popup anytime Return is pressed

Options

Using Chrome (Windows 87.0.4280.66 with RemoteDesktop WebClient (rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com)) . 1Password Extension (4.7.5.90) is locked.
Anytime I enter something in a Remote Desktop Window (no password) and press Return (even in an editor), the 1Password window opens and asks for the password (and steals of course the focus). Workaround is simple but defeats somehow security - always unlock 1Password.

Is it possible to disable 1Password for single websites? (Of course, I need the 1Password for accessing the Azure Portal at all - but I am working long time in the RemoteDesktop WebClient and as soon as 1Password is locked again, it starts to become annoying).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 Build 18363
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WattWer,

Thank you for the additional info and screenshots!

Am I right to understand that if you unlock 1Password first, 1Password doesn't prompt you to save/update? If so, it sounds like you bumped into a security measure, 1Password does not know what you data you have until you unlock first. It's trying to save the data but it needs access to your encrypted content before it knows if it should save or not.

If you want to disable Autosave on certain websites, you can add them to the Autosave exception list in 1Password 7 for Windows > Settings > Browsers > Autosave. Let me know if this is what you need. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• WattWer
    WattWer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that helps, but of course, is not what I want.

I had an exception for microsoft.com, but that does not help. Disabling completely helps, but for all other site, I would like to have this.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WattWer,

When you try to sign in to your account on microsoft.com, you are redirected to https://login.live.com/. If you add this website to the exception list, does it work? I understand that if you add rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com to the exception list, it will disable 1Password prompts in your virtual environment, is this correct?

As a workaround I can suggest you to use 1Password X:

Get to know 1Password X

1Password X is our new type of extension and it has a different behaviour when you save your Logins. Could you please give it a try and let me know how it works for you? Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.