Suggestions to 1Password developers

Options
vfreitas
vfreitas
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I am testing/trying 1Password and I have some suggestions to increase the potential of 1Password with more features, hope that they can help making 1Password the Nº 1:

1. I have some duplicate records how can I find which ones are duplicates, i.e., is there any tool to find duplicate records?
  2. 1Password should have a feature that let change the type of the record. I know that each type has specificities but with user fields I am able to put all of them equal.
  3. All records should be valid to autologin in 1PasswordX as long as they have "special" fields User/Password/Website.

I will keep updating this post with new requirements/features needed to improve it usability.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 1.22.3 (Firefox 83.0 64 bit)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 2004 version, OS 19041.630
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vfreitas,

I have some duplicate records how can I find which ones are duplicates, i.e., is there any tool to find duplicate records?

A tool to remove duplicates in your vault is available in 1Password 7 for Mac, but it is not implemented in 1Password for Windows yet. Right now you can use Watchtower to find duplicates (reused passwords) and remove them manually. Here is how:

Identify reused and weak passwords

1Password should have a feature that let change the type of the record. I know that each type has specificities but with user fields I am able to put all of them equal.

It is not possible to change the category of your item in 1Password at the moment, but I will make sure to pass your suggestion with our team.

All records should be valid to autologin in 1PasswordX as long as they have "special" fields User/Password/Website.

Is there a particular reason why you want to add such fields (username, password, website) to the items in other Categories, besides Logins? If you want to fill your credentials using 1Password X, I would recommend you to create a Login item for these needs. After that, you can also create additional items in other Categories and link those items as related ones. For example, I created a test Login in my vault and linked two items as related:

I hope it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.