I can't type anywhere on my PC and it might caused by 1Password

Options

Hello There,

Recently I'm having some issues that all of the sudden I cannot type anywhere in my system (notepad, search bar, windows lock screen, can control in games etc..). basically the keyboard is not responding. However, function key or shortcut are still working as expected such as ctrl/shift/pgdown/pgup/ctrl+c/ctrl+v etc. And the way I solve this right now is only to restart the PC.

After doing some experiment, I noticed it might be related to 1password. Everytime I opened 1password app or extension. Most of the time I cannot type anymore. Also, I noticed that if I open the extension inside some login page, looks like I can only type in the credential boxes but no where else (like the place I mentioned above). Is this related to some update recently? Looks like 1password might lockup the place I can type. Please kindly help. I've tried to re-install the software or plug-ins already.

Thanks in advanced.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chwengtw!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ZRG-55538-367

This discussion has been closed.