I see my personal vault on my new device, but not a vault that was shared with me

Options
RuffTimo
RuffTimo
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Must the person who shared the vault with me re-share with the new device?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Shared vault new device

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RuffTimo,

A vault is shared with a person within one family or team account, not with a device. Do you and the person who shared that vault belong to one family/team account? If you do, please make sure that the administrator of your account confirmed your account.

Let me know what you find. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• RuffTimo
    RuffTimo
    Community Member
    Options

No, we do not belong to one family/team account, I do not believe. We have separate 1PW subscriptions for our families but are partners in business, and he created and shared a business vault with me.

I just realized that that business vault isn't visible when I login online either, it appears that it's only visible to me on my local computer. How do I make it so that that shared vault is visible to me everywhere? A quick look of the options related to that vault didn't reveal any sharing or visibility options.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RuffTimo, I am confused. 🤔It is possible to share vaults only if you belong to one family or team account.

However, if you have a business account in addition to your separate family accounts, you can indeed share vaults within that account. In order to see vaults from both accounts (business and family), you will need to add both accounts to 1Password 7 for Windows. Here is how you can add the second account to the app:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

Please do not sign in to your family account on 1Password.com, but open a standalone 1Password 7 app that you install on your PC. Let me know how it goes. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• RuffTimo
    RuffTimo
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Now I'm the one that's confused. I don't understand all the available options or account types and their limitations. All I know is a vault that was shared with me on my old device is not syncing to the web, and so it does not appear on my new device after the new device sync'd with the web.

Where can I go to ensure that the vault that was shared with me on my old device properly syncs to the web?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RuffTimo,

It sounds like you sign in to your family account on 1Password.com in your browser, but the vault was shared with you in a separate business account. You will not be able to see that vault from your family account.

If you want to see the vaults from both 1Password accounts, you will need to add both accounts (family and business) in 1Password 7 for Windows app on your PC. It is not possible to view both accounts at the same time via web interface on 1Password.com.

Please let me know if it clarifies this situation. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• RuffTimo
    RuffTimo
    Community Member
    Options

I finally figured that out as well, thanks.

• On behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.