1Password Alumni
    Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • BiomedEngineer
    BiomedEngineer
    Community Member
    Options

Khad,

I have a suggestion for a workflow for occasions when the site updates its logins and you can't login automatically when selecting the login entry in 1P extension:

1) even if clicking the login entry under Fill Login in the extension doesn't work, I've found that going to the site, then clicking the entry again will fill in the logins (at least for Chase.com)
    2) after filling in the login credentials, but before clicking submit, go to the extension, find your login entry, click the right arrow and click "Edit"
    3) (this is where my suggestion starts that I hope 1P will implement) after clicking edit, click the "Update" button, which will do several things:
    3a) make a copy of the current login entry and sends that to the trash in 1P, in case the user does something wrong and can still pull out the login entry before changes were made
    3b) 1P then updates the entire login form with your username and password
    3c) it also copies over the title and your notes section to the newly updated login entry so that everything you've edited for the entry is carried over
    4) click save

I believe this way will make updating login entries much easier. The current method of manually entering your login credentials, creating a new entry, opening the app, manually copying the title and notes section of the old entry into the newly create one, then deleting the old entry is very cumbersome.

Thanks and I hope 1P will implement a better way of updating an existing 1P entry that both preserves the data customized (title & notes) while still having the safety net in case the user messes up (by creating a duplicate entry and sending it to the trash).

• Hi,

That's a great idea. We had something similar in our old binary extensions a few years back before we had to overhaul it to support the modern browsers.

We do have plans to improve and overhaul the auto-save process, to include support for updating Logins. There are some cases where we can automate this by detecting if the form looks different from the previous one. In this case, it can prompt to update certain pieces of information (like Saved Form Fields), instead of the current Replace Login feature we have in Safari/Firefox where it will replace all of the data at once, which is undesirable at the moment.

Thanks for suggesting the idea, we appreciate it.

• BiomedEngineer
    BiomedEngineer
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks for being receptive.

• You're welcome. Keep those ideas coming if you have them, we have a lot of cool ideas that we'd like to implement for 1Password in the near future and hopefully, you'll like the changes we make.

This discussion has been closed.