Login trouble with Gmail and ADrive

I have been using 1Password for a while now.
However, only recently, the 1Password browser extension would not fill details on some websites (Gmail, ADrive etc) while it works on almost all others.
This may have coincided with updating Firefox to version 18, I'm not sure.
I have tried reinstalling the extension and also reinstalling the program itself.
I have tried both 1.0.9.305 and 1.0.9.BETA-312 with browser extension version 3.9.9.
I'm on Windows 8, 32 bit.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2013
    Welcome to the forums, 0rangutan! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Enter your credentials on the site's login page, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at both sites you have as examples: Gmail and Adrive.

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • 0rangutan
    0rangutan
    Community Member
    edited January 2013
    Edit:
    I got it fixed after resetting Firefox.
    I even installed all the addons and scripts one by one, since I was almost sure it was a conflict, but the problem didn't surface.
    Do not know what it was, it is fixed now though.
    Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your reply.
    I had already tried doing that before I made the post, and I've tried it again. It still doesn't work.
    I open, say, the ADrive login page, 1Password shows that it has a login saved for this page, I click it and nothing happens. Same with Gmail.
    Could it be beacuse I'm running a trial version but somehow still have 20+ saved logins?

khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, 0rangutan! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Enter your credentials on the site's login page, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at both sites you have as examples: Gmail and Adrive.

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.