Password list jumps to selected object when clicking on an object farther up/down the list.

Options
brian1217
brian1217
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello. When I am browsing the password list via a web browser, clicking on another object after an object is currently selected, makes the password list jump back to the selected object. This only happens when the currently selected object leaves the visible area while scrolling.

Steps to reproduce

• Select a category that has enough objects that you can scroll up and down
  • For some reason, the bug doesn't reproduce if you select the first object on the list. So click on the second object in the list.
  • Scroll down the list until the selected object is out of view
  • Click on a new object.

I am using Firefox on Windows 10:

• Firefox - v83.0
  • Windows 10 - v19042.685
  • 1Password Firefox extension - v1.22.3

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brian1217
    brian1217
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Also, I tested in private/incognito mode with Firefox as well with the 1Password extension being the only extension running, and am still getting the same results.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brian1217! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for reporting this! I was able to reproduce this issue on my machine, so I will open an internal issue so that the developers can look at this :)

ref: dev/b5/b5#9885

• brian1217
    brian1217
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @brian1217! If you have any other reports or suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime :)

Have a wonderful day :)

• brian1217
    brian1217
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana password recipe options in the extension since some websites are picky about password requirements, but im sure im not the first person to ask for that ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

You are not @brian1217, thank you for sharing this with us, feedback noted ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#164

• mjhutch
    mjhutch
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed similar behavior - Open 1Password for web, scroll down the Logins pane with the scroll bar, attempt to click on a login far down the list (such as an entry in the latter part of the alphabet), and the pane focus jumps back to the top of the entries; making you do it all over again. It's similarly jumpy when trying to scroll up. Just a bit annoying ;-)

Thanks
    Mike

• That's certainly a bit annoying @mjhutch 😥

No worries, I've passed it along and we're looking into it. Promise!

• mjhutch
    mjhutch
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Blake! :)

• Anytime! 💙

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    Options

I reported this exact issue on November 28. Ticket ID #BQV-67885-248. Just so you don't duplicate internal issues.

By the way, a workaround is to select the desired item a second time, after a short delay.

• Dayton_ag
    edited December 2020
    Options

@MerryBit Thanks for sharing! I've made sure your voice has been added to the internal issue.

Another thanks for providing that workaround! I've noticed personally that if I "scroll" through the list using the arrow keys, it doesn't jump around as often - hopefully that can be helpful to some as well as we continue to look into this. :chuffed:

• 1P_JPW
    1P_JPW
    Community Member
    Options

I can recreate this issue via:
    Google Chrome Canary version 89.0.4388.4 (64bit)
    Brave Nightly version 1.21.2 Chromium 88.0.4324.79 (64bit)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @1P_JPW, I have let our developers know that you are experiencing this too.

ref: dev/b5/b5#9885

• bbeard04
    bbeard04
    Community Member
    Options

This is still an issue

• Sorry that you're still experiencing this issue, @bbeard04. I've noted your feedback internally and passed it along to the Development team. :smile:

• cub4life78
    cub4life78
    Community Member
    Options

This bug is really frustrating and I am seriously thinking of looking at other options if this doesn't get fixed soon. It clearly looks as if this has been an issue for awhile. Is there a fix incoming?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Our developers are aware of this @cub4life78, but unfortunately we don't have an ETA for this yet, sorry!

This discussion has been closed.