For 1Password extension 4.7.5.90, latest compatible macOS Firefox ESR version is 68.10.0.esr?

Options
alembic
alembic
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

For 1Password extension 4.7.5.90, latest compatible macOS Firefox ESR version is 68.10.0.esr?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:For 1Password extension 4.7.5.90, what is the latest compatible Firefox ESR version? 68.10.0.esr?

Comments

• @alembic

You indicated that you were using 10.12.6. Are you using 1Password 7? If so, it requires a minimum of 10.13. You might try updating your OS if that's the problem you are experiencing.

• alembic
    alembic
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Tommy. I'm using 1Password 6.8.9.
    I've decided not to upgrade macOS from 10.12.6.
    Firefox currently offers 78.6.0esr and I want to know if upgrading it from 68.10esr will hose 1Password extension 4.7.5.90.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good question, @alembic! There are currently no known issues when it comes to 1Password 6 and Firefox, so you should be good to upgrade. Of course, we can't guarantee that old software will continue to work in the future, so I do highly recommend upgrading to 1Password 7 whenever you are able to upgrade your OS, especially since macOS Sierra was released 4 years ago now (😱 I can't believe it's been that long!).

• wsf
    wsf
    Community Member
    Options

I have Firefox ESR 78.6. 1Password add-on 4.7.5.90 installed (I think) as part of recent update. Current desktop version is 1Password 7
    Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003)
    1Password Beta

Firefox extension seems to have ceased working.

• Hey @wsf — what version of macOS is your Mac on?

• wsf
    wsf
    Community Member
    Options

Mac OS is 10.14.6. I've held of on Catalina or later because of software conflicts.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @wsf .

Can you please try the following:
    1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if the extension is working properly.

If that didn't help, please send us a diagnostics report with a short description and a link to this forum discussion via email: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

• wsf
    wsf
    Community Member
    Options

That worked, thank you. I use the menu bar access to 1Password often, but had not thought of triying a complete restart,

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear that worked :)

• alembic
    alembic
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm the following configuration is working:
    macOS 10.12.6
    Firefox 78.6.0esr