login with two passwords?

Options

how can I create a login to autofill two passwords (Secret Key and Master Password)?

regards,
Alfred

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two passwords one login

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @matiasch ,

It depends on which 1Password extension you are using, which browser and which version of the 1Password desktop app you have installed.
    Can you please provide me with this info, alongside the website which you need to autofill these fields on so I can test it here and provide you with exact instructions?

• matiasch
    matiasch
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 7.7 and Safari 14.0 in MacOS 10.5.7 Catalina. The login page to the 1Password family account asks fo the secret key and the master password and it would be convenient to autofill both

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the info @matiasch .

You can add the Secret Key field to your login item as follows:

1. Open the 1Password 7 desktop app and locate your login entry for 1Password.com, select it and click on "Edit".
    2. While in Edit Mode, under the username, password and website URL there's an empty field you can fill out yourself. Name that field "Secret Key" (case sensitive).
    3. Under the field's name, input your actual Secret Key.
    4. Click on "Save" to save the changes, then try autofilling on the website with this updated login item and see if all three fields are being autofilled.

Alternatively, you can just save a new login item in the login page of our website, which should save all three fields properly:

1. Get to https://my.1password.com and choose to sign in to a new account.
    2. Manually fill out all three fields (email, Master Password and Secret Key".
    3. Save it as a new login by clicking the 1Password extension icon next to Safari's address bar, select the grey gear icon and then click on "New Login".

I hope this helps :)

• matiasch
    matiasch
    Community Member
    Options

it helped, thank you very much

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad I could help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.