1Password Alumni
    Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Jameson
    Jameson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Rather than clutter the forums with a new topic, I'm hoping this is a good place to mention a somewhat-related question. I, too, am running 1Password 3.8.20 for Mac and 1Password 4 for iOS, and I'm noticing that 1Password for Mac and 1PasswordAnywhere (Dropbox) are omitting certain fields from my login records. For example, I set up a new login today and I placed additional information (security questions and answers) in a separate "Section" in the iOS app because that was the only way to add more fields. (I labeled the section "Recovery" and you can see it in the screenshot below.)

However, when I access the same record on the Mac or the Dropbox site, only the username and password are visible.

Is this another issue that will be resolved when we get access to 1Password 4 for Mac? Or is there another way I should be storing this data if I want access to it everywhere?

Thanks!
    Jameson

• Hi Jameson,

1PasswordAnywhere and 1Password 3 for Mac doesn't know how to read the custom data. It will require 1Password 4 for Mac to read those data. We're working on a separate update to 1PasswordAnywhere to support the custom fields but I don't have a timeframe on when either one of those updates will be available.

If you need access to it now and anywhere, you should store it within the Notes section until 1Password 4 is released for your Mac.

This discussion has been closed.