Link object / document - Stop cutting off the name

Options

I wanted to add a document to an entry in the Windows app (Beta 7.6.787) but all the names are cut off at the end. So I'm not able to identify the right object.

Could it be possible to stop cutting off the name at the end? Maybe the name could scroll if it is longer than the box or the box could be as big as the longest name of an object?

It would be great if you would investigate here. :)

1Password Version: 7.6.787
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @DenalB,

Thanks so much for writing in, and for including that screenshot. I apologize for the difficulty! I can definitely see how expanding the box (or allowing the individual items to scroll) would be handy. I've filed an internal issue and passed it along to the Development team for their consideration.

In the meantime, a potential workaround is to continue typing the entry name into the search field to narrow down the search results. For example, if you have items for Photoshop 1, 2, and 3, typing in the full name will show only that item. This will help you narrow down the results to the exact item you wish to find.

I hope that suggestion is helpful! Let me know if you have any further questions - I'll be happy to help. :smile:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dayton_ag !

I've filed an internal issue and passed it along to the Development team for their consideration.

Great! :+1:

In the meantime, a potential workaround is to continue typing the entry name into the search field to narrow down the search results.

Yes. I do this already. But I thought it would be better to ask for support. ;)

Let me know if you have any further questions - I'll be happy to help.

Thank you very much! :)

• No problem, that sounds good! I'm always happy to help. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.