Migrating from Mac to Win, and away from Dropbox

dnigrin
dnigrin
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm a current 1Password 7 user on two Macs and my iPhone, using the licensed version, not the subscription model. I sync my vault to Dropbox.

I just started a new job that (a) is a Windows only environment, and (b) blocks access to Dropbox.

What options do I have for enabling access to 1Password on a Windows machine while at work, that will still allow for continuous syncing of my passwords amongst my Macs and iPhone?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dnigrin,

If you can't use Dropbox at work, but want to use 1Password on all of your devices with different platforms, I would recommend you to sign up for 1Password membership and migrate your data. This way you will be able to use 1Password everywhere without any third-party services to sync your data. Learn more about it:

About 1Password membership

Here is how you can migrate your data to a 1Password account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you have further questions, we are always ready to help. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• dnigrin
    dnigrin
    Community Member

Thanks, confirms what I was anticipating.

• @dnigrin

If you need any help getting things migrated over, we would love to be apart of the conversation and lend a hand there!

Just shoot an email to support@1password.com and mention this thread within the body of your email so we can easily link things up on our end.

• dnigrin
    dnigrin
    Community Member

thanks, I made out fine on my own. Working nicely!

• Hey @dnigrin, that's great! Feel free to reach out to us if we can lend a hand with anything. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.