Doesn't seem to be in sync between Mac and iCloud

KengelKengel Junior Member

I'm a bit confused on the vault business. I don't need anything fancy - just the main 1P on my Mac and then access on all my other boxes - iPhone, iPad, MacBook etc.

The attached pic shows how it's currently set up - but in preferences Primary is selected - while in the main window (LH side) the Primary shows On iCloud - with both On My Mac and On iCloud both listed.
This is a bit confusing to me.
I want all my data new and old to always be saved in one Vault - one Primary - and to automatically sync between all the devices regardless of where it might have been created. The MASTER VAULT should be on my Mac if not synced everywhere.

As it is - sometimes on the externals - iPhone etc - I seem to be missing data. (All of those are set to sync to the iCloud "vault") See screenshots of iPhone.
I think something is maybe set up wrong? Are Primary, iCloud and On My Mac three different things?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Kengel!

It looks like you created a new vault named 1Password in your iOS app (I am looking at the left of your second screenshot). I think this is why you are seeing this, since there is no vault named 1Password on your Mac.

Are you using this second vault or did you create it by mistake?

• KengelKengel Junior Member

Thanks for your reply. I don't recall having created the one called 1Password - but probably did - Before I just delete - is there a way to sync 2 vaults with one another without creating a zillion duplicates?

The number of items in the vault is slightly different between the two.
    On My Phone - iPassword -1153 items vs
    On iCloud - Primary - 1199 items

I'm probably safe to just delete (My Phone - iPassword) as the one on my Mac is correct (Primary - On iCloud)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@Kengel:

is there a way to sync 2 vaults with one another without creating a zillion duplicates?

Not at the moment I am afraid. You could move all of the items to one single vault, and then use the duplicate removal feature that is available in 1Password for Mac, but you have quite a few items, so in case this didn't work well, you would have a bit of cleanup to do!

If you are sure that everything you need is in your Primary vault, and your don't need the second "1Password" vault that you created, removing the duplicate vault will probably be the easiest solution.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file