This caught be a bit off guard as I was trying to use AWS CLI with an MFA Token. The API kept telling me the MFA was expired, but I didn't quite get it. However, I believe I've found a bug with 1Password Mini.
How to reproduce
- Open 1Password App
- Find a login with MFA token within 1Password
- Open 1Password mini (either with shortcut or via menubar),
- Find the same login within 1Password Mini
- Observe the timeout on both 1Password and 1Password Mini
- Should be syncronised right now
- Either click on the MFA to copy on Mini, or dismiss Mini
- Wait for a short while
- Reopen 1Password Mini and navigate to the same login.
- You should at this point see that the MFA between 1Password and 1Password Mini are either different or have different timeouts (depending on how long you waited)
- After re-opening, keep Mini open, and you'll see it run out the timer on the current timer, and then show the next token with a small timer, and then change it again.
My system details
- MacOS Big Sur (11.1 (20C69))
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- 1Password 7
Version 7.7 (70700016)
Mac App Store
1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.1 (20C69)
Sync Type: 1Password Account