Proposals of 1P in a new password field / How to influence the scheme of the proposal?

SafetySafety
edited January 15 in 1Password in the Browser

Hej to all,
When you are on a website and want to register there, 1Password suggests a password. Where can I customize the type of password suggestion in 1Password?
For example, I want the length of the password to be longer, include 3 numbers and 2 special characters.
Is it possible to define this in 1Password for the suggestions?

I would be very pleased about a feedback from you.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Safety!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• Safari 7.7

• ag_michaelcag_michaelc

Team Member
    edited January 15

Hey @Safety. 1Password will automatically suggest the best password for the page in the inline menu, based on a list of known good settings and other page attributes. Is there a particular reason for wanting exactly 3 numbers and 2 special characters? Passwords with more restrictions like this reduce the overall entropy (randomness) and are less secure than something more random, so I'm curious of the use case here. :smile:

For more granularity, you can open 1Password mini from the toolbar in Safari (or the macOS menu bar), click + Generate Password, and use the password generator there (and edit as necessary, too), but the strength implications are worth keeping in mind.

• SafetySafety
    edited January 16

Hej ag_michalc,
    thanks for your answer, hints and questions....
    The only reason is that i always use Passwords between a length of 25 up to 33 characters, numbers, special characters within it. My randomness suggestions seems to short for me? I never use passwords builded by myself, i always take the randomness creations from 1Passwordgenerator but with 30characters. So the main reason for me is to change / influence the length in the randomness suggestions.
    Hope you understand my thoughts?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@Safety:

My randomness suggestions seems to short for me?

Can you please elaborate on this a little bit? Could you maybe upload a screenshot with an example password, that shows its length?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file