USPS.com login switches username and password

Not a problem on Mac or Windows. However, using 1P for Android: Login at USPS.com switches the username and password (puts them in the wrong fields).

1Password Version: 7.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Sync Type: Google? Maybe your cloud

Comments

• ag_audreyag_audrey

Team Member

Hey @rumplestilts, thanks for reporting this filling issue.

This is a known issue with the USPS site, except we notice that the password field gets filled into both username and password fields. Can you confirm that your username is getting inputted into the password field?

Also, which browser are you using?

• edited January 13

Upon further examination, I am counting the same number of "dots" in the password field as my password (which also appears in the username field). When I log in using my computer, all is correctly filled in. So you are correct; the password info -does- get filled into both username and password fields.

I have been using Chrome browser (what Google brings to the dance). However, when I used Brave browser (again, in Android), 1Password worked perfectly at the USPS site. I guess I'll switch. :D

Thanks for the help.

• ag_audreyag_audrey

Team Member

Hey @rumplestilts, thanks for double checking that for me.

This is a known issue specific to Chrome. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our developers to further investigate.

In the meantime, I'm glad you were able to fill as expected in Brave! You can also try using our drag and drop feature when filling doesn't work as expected: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-android/#drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-other-apps.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#955

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file