1Password 7 on Windows 10 closes while trying to unlock it

Options

I have the current version of 1Password 7 for Windows 10 installed on my computer. Nothing was changed on the computer so far, but from out of nothing 1Password closes when I try to unlock it with the master password. It closes immediatly no matter which letter I type on my keyboard. I also tried to remove 1Password 7 from my PC and reinstall it. The problem still remains. Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ReneW !

Are you able to open the unlock screen again? Or is 1Password completely closed?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ReneW,

When 1Password "closes immediately", do you see 1Password icon in the system tray (lower right corner of your screen)? If you do, what happens when you right-click it?

Please clarify this moment and we will understand how to proceed. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• ReneW
    ReneW
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg

Hi and thanks for getting in touch. Was a little busy the weekend so I couldn`t answer. Yes I can see the icon and I can open up 1Password via the system tray. When the unlock screen shows up and I try to enter the master password the App closes immediatly while trying to enter the first digit. Very strange. I mean for the most occasions I found a workaround while installing 1Password X for my browser but in some cases I need the app.

• Hey @ReneW, thanks for that additional information! I'd like to take a deeper look into what's causing this issue for you - let's continue this conversation over email. Could you generate a diagnostics report from your Windows device, and attach it to an email to support+windows@1password.com.

Generate a Diagnostics Report

When you've sent in your email, you should receive a Conversation ID - it'll look something like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. When you receive it, could you post it here? That will help me locate your email and we can get to work. Thanks! :smile:

• ReneW
    ReneW
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Dayton_ag , thanks for getting in touch. I send an E-Mail in this morning but didn`t receive a responder. So the topic of this mail was: Diagnostics of 1Password as requested in discussion with Dayton_ag

Hope that helps you to find the mail. Thanks again for your help.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@ReneW

I was able to locate your submission. Your ID is FNW-21544-359. Someone will respond to you as soon as possible

ref: FNW-21544-359

This discussion has been closed.