How do I use 1password on Windows 10 login screen?

Options

I work for a company where we have to change our password every 3 months and it has to be unique. I would love to use 1password to manage those windows login passwords for me. can anyone tell me how I can do this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Use 1password for windows login

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zabaneh! Welcome to the forum!

If you are looking for a way for 1Password to automatically change your passwords for you, I am afraid this is not possible. However, 1Password can certainly help you make the process quicker :)

Change your passwords and make them stronger

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

I think @zabaneh wants to log into Windows with the help of 1Password. So that the password to login is managed by 1Password. But I think it isn't possible, isn't it? 1Password doesn't have access to the login screen.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DenalB:

If that was the case, 1Password could still manage the Windows login password, it just would not be able to fill it: you need to login to the computer first before you can access 1Password, so at the login screen, 1Password cannot be used to fill information yet.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana,

That's what I thought. So you have to be logged in already in order to use auto-fill with 1Password. :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So you have to be logged in already in order to use auto-fill with 1Password.

Correct :+1:

This discussion has been closed.