How do I remotely install 1password for an employee?

Options

What are the details around performing a silent install of 1password from the command line?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I remotely install 1password for an employee?

Comments

• 1Password for Windows already installs silently by default, so you can always try deploying 1Password using xcopy. Here is how you can give it a try:

1. Install 1Password on a test machine, but do not sign in.

2. xcopy the %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\ directory via your chosen deployment method to everyone's %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\ directory.

3. Run the setup command line parameter on the 1Password.exe file: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\7\1Password.exe setup

This runs silently, terminates once it is done, and will set up the registry keys to enable Native Messaging support for the 1Password extension.

Alternatively, if you have an existing method to mass-deploy browser extensions and your team uses either Chrome or Firefox, you can also take a look at 1Password in the browser. 1Password in the browser is a full-featured browser extension that doesn't require a desktop app at all. If it's easier for you to deploy and matches your browser choices, it may be something you want to consider. You can learn all about it here:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Please let me know if it helps. If you have additional questions, feel free to raise them below. Thank you! 😊

This discussion has been closed.