Issues with 1Password for Windows & Process Monitoring Software

William_Qn
William_Qn
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Some background:
Recently, a few of my daily-using apps were found to be secretly reading my browsing history and doing other shady things (like scanning my entire hard drive) in the background, so I used a behavior control software to monitor the background access of some of my private application/directories.

And after I added some protective rules, I have identified '1password.exe' have many unexpected accessing behaviors to some application I would considered unnecessary. I have some guesses on that but I would also want to hear from the developers/engineers.

From the behavior control software I have used, I can see '1password.exe' was trying to access to one of my proxy software Clash for Windows (link) and the IM application Telegram.exe. I am very sure that I was not opening/using the 1password at that time (but 1password for windows is running in the background since windows starts, but having logged in yet), and I haven’t pressed any hotkey that calls 1password. Then latter I check the security logs I see that 1password.exe was trying to access to the telegram.exe and the proxy software clash.exe.

My positive guess is because of 1password’s ‘Type in Window’ function, but since I wasn’t using 1password to fill passwords and I haven’t even logged into the 1password app while all these happens, that seems quite suspicious to me.

So, I would like to hear from the developers/engineers from the 1password team. I have saved the accessing log, and I can provided them if the team needs it.

Images
Image_1
Image_2

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 1.22.3 on chrome and 4.7.5.90 on edge
OS Version: Windows 10 19042.746
Sync Type: 1password server

Comments

• Blake
    edited January 2021

Howdy @William_Qn 🤠

While I can assure you that 1Password for Windows isn't doing anything shady in the slightest, we'd love to take a look at why this third-party software monitoring tool is giving you grief specifically with 1Password.

Can you reach out to me and my team at support+windows@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look there? Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.