transfer data from 1Password desktop to 1Password app for iPad

I've used 1Password on my desktop for years. I now have the 1Password app for my iPad. Can I transfer the data from my desktop application to fill in my 1Password app?

Comments

• charlie98
    charlie98
    Community Member
    edited January 2013

here are links describing 3 possible options

1. iCloud
    2. dropbox
    3. iTunes
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

iCloud syncing requires 1Password 4 which has only been released on iOS so far, so Dropbox continues to be the recommended method to automatically and securely keep all your data in sync across all supported platforms.

Only 1Password 4 for Mac is released iCloud will be an option for Mac and iOS syncing as well.

iTunes File Sharing is not a true sync solution but intended more as a backup/restore function since it is not automatic but rather requires manual action every time you want to update the data.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• antje
    antje
    Community Member

Hey, I also just got the iphone app and would like to start. I already am using 1password on my mac.

Dropbox is not an option for me so I would like to use itunes. When I start the app and click on sync with itunes it only transfers me to the itunes how-to-use-file-sharing-page. I knew that already. What I didn't know was what to manualy transfer...

I think I figured out it has to be the 1password.agilekeychain file. So I transferred it, synchronized iphone, entered the app and... hey, back to the itunes-help-page... Only after surching your site for quite a while I found an explanation somewhere a the buttom of one page: I have to restart the app completely.

Since the app was quite expensive I'm a bit disappointed already. Why isn't there a step by step guide when starting the app for the first time?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry you had some trouble getting started, @antje. There is a Welcome Guide built in when you first install 1Password, but it only assists in setting up automatic syncing. iTunes File Sharing is required by Apple to be a manual process. All the steps are in the User Guide and it was linked by charlie98 above too:

Getting Started with iTunes File Sharing

If you have any other questions, the rest of the User Guide is available at that URL as well. But, of course, we are always here to help. Is there something else I can help with? Please let me know. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.