No compatible extension for Mozilla?

bwadm
bwadm
Community Member

I wanted to use Mozilla for a test, usually I only use Safari. After an update to Mozilla 85, the 1P extension Icon was blinking. The existing 1P extension version was from September 2020, an update was not offered. I newly installed the extension, but now it does not work any more with the 1P main App??

What did I miss???

Really frustrated!!

1Password Version: 7.7.1.BETA-6
Extension Version: 7.7.1.BETA-6
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bwadm!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Can the app connect to the extension now?

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply!
    The problem is that the Mozilla extension requires a login into a 1P account, while the Safari extension asks for my Vault master pwd. I am a (almost) first-time 1P user, and I still use the full version without account and with sync via DropBox.
    I did the recommended "Quit 1Password Completely". However, the problem persists. Once the Vault (in DropBox) is unlocked, the Safari extension displays my data, but the Mozilla extension continues to ask for a login (even with the Vault unlocked). This has not happened with the former version of the Mozilla extension, it worked like the one for Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bwadm:

Thank you for the additional information! If you are storing your data in Dropbox, and the extension does not see it, you probably downloaded the wrong version of the browser extension (the newest one only supports vaults on 1Password.com).

If you have vaults on Dropbox instead, can you please make sure you download the classic browser extension instead?

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

Many thanks! Problem solved!
    (It might be nice & useful for old customers (but not necessarily productive in terms of forcing users to use the monthly subscription) if the info page of the new plugin/add-on/extension would contain a hint to the classic extension.)

Bests, Bernd

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bwadm:

(It might be nice & useful for old customers (but not necessarily productive in terms of forcing users to use the monthly subscription) if the info page of the new plugin/add-on/extension would contain a hint to the classic extension.)

Thank you for the feedback! Which page are you referring to exactly, so we can take a look?

On our downloads page, we mention both extensions:

So I wonder if you are referring to a different page.

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

I used the 1P Main App menu entry "Install Browser Extensions" to get access to the Mozilla extension. The page reached installed the new (and not the classic) extension in Mozilla. The extension info page (on the Mozilla Tab) had some informative text and also a login button. This page would have been (for me) the logic place to be informed about the switch from the (still available - thanks!) classic version to the new one.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you for the clarification @bwadm! We appreciate the feedback :+1:

This discussion has been closed.