Referencing a Password from a Different Entry

Options

I believe 1P is able to do this, but I'm not sure how to use it. At my college, they have several sites all linked up to one another. The passwords are the same, but the site has several website addresses due to different services. I would like to create a login entry for the main portal, then another entry for a that references or copies the username and pw from the main portal's entry. That way, whenever I change my password, the linked entry will always have access to the latest credentials without me having to remember and update 2 entries that uses the same logins. Can you show me how to do this?

Comments

• o.ne
    o.ne
    Community Member
    Options

In 1P 4.x for iOS you can add multiple web site addresses.

I think this will be added in iP4 for Mac too.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

o.ne is correct. "Linked Logins" or "multiple URLs for a single Login" is a 1Password 4 feature. 1Password 4 has only been released on iOS so far, but 1Password 4 for Mac is in the works. :)

• BiomedEngineer
    BiomedEngineer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks. So referencing a password from another entry is not possible?

• Hi @BiomedEngineer,

No, linking a password from another item is not possible. It'll be easier to manage in 1Password v4 but for now, you'd have to create a tag for all of the related items and create a smart folder to search for this tag. So, when you have to update the password, you can go into this smart folder and edit each one of them on the list to have this new password.

I hope this will help a bit.

• BiomedEngineer
    BiomedEngineer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I'll check out both of your suggestions.

• You're welcome, let me know if you need any help with it.

This discussion has been closed.