Edge 1Password Extension

Options

I’m a little confused. I giving a Edge a go on my work laptop and added the Edge extension/add on. It appears quite a bit different that what I was using with safari on Mac or with Chrome or Firefox on Windows. It appears it’s not tied to the windows app like I’m used to and I have to unlock both the app and the extension separately. I thought that was more how 1PasswordX worked. I didn’t download X. I have Version 1.23.0.

What am I missing here? Why is it different?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

So 5 minutes later I find the release notes and I must actually have 1Password X since I see you have renamed it in 1.23 release. Talk about very confusing. I really like the extension but can’t stand having to enter my master master for both the windows app and the edge browser.

Very misleading and hard to tell what one is getting. At least if was for me and what I’ve been using.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @more_cowbell!

It sounds like you are looking for your classic browser extension, which you can download here:

Get the 1Password classic extension

The extension you are running is our latest version of the browser extension, designed to run entirely in the browser without the need to install the 1Password desktop app. You can read more about it here:

Get to know 1Password in your browser

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

Just wish you guys would be more clear that you made the change. I don’t see anywhere mentioning the change making 1Password X the main extension. The features of it are great, but all those features are for nothing when I have to enter my password for both the app and the browser extension because they are no longer connected. It’s irritating.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@more_cowbell:

Thank you for the feedback! The good news is that the developers are working on bringing the integration between app and extension back as we speak :) You can read more about this here:

Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

This discussion has been closed.