Update to 7.4.767 fails

Options

I am on a Windows 10 Enterprise 19042.746 machine using 1Password 7.2.581 and I keep getting notifications to upgrade to 7.4.767. When I click on install, 1Password quits and do not restart or re-appear.
Any ideas how to solve this other than reinstalling?

Thsx,
Meh

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise 19042.746
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @meh1965!

Why you are using version 7.2 and want to update to version 7.4 on Windows? The latest release is 7.6.791.

Are you on a subscription or are you using a standalone license? If you are using a subscription you should be able to remove the old version and reinstall the latest version. After installing, you have to log in to your 1Password.com account and all data should be synchronized. But keep in mind that you need your Master Password and your Secret Key to log in again.

• meh1965
    meh1965
    Community Member
    Options

Hi DenalB, thanks for your reply.

I am using version 7.2 because thta's the latest version I have been able to update to. I am having the issue I have described for a couple of months now.
    I know I can remove the current version I am running but I rather be able to install all available updates and I like to know why the update to version 7.4 fails.
    I don't think 1Password wants me to uninstall the old version and install the new version every time an update is available.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think 1Password wants me to uninstall the old version and install the new version every time an update is available.

I don't think this, too. But hopefully this update issue is fixed in a newer release so that you don't have to argue with that when installing the latest version. But I don't know. It is only a guess...

• Hey @meh1965, I'm really sorry you're running into this issue! I'd like to take a look at what's going on with the app behind the scenes with some diagnostics information - let's carry on this conversation over email. Follow the steps in the link below to generate a diagnostics report from 1Password, and attach it to an email to support+windows@agilebits.com. Once you've emailed in, you should receive a conversation code that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that code here, and I can use it to track down your message.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for helping @Dayton_ag. :+1:

• meh1965
    meh1965
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply Dayton_ag.
    I have done as instructed but did not yet receive a conversation code. Will do so as soon as I have received one.
    Btw checked my spam folder but no luck their either.

Meh

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @meh1965,

It could take some minutes / hours to get this code. If you get it just post it here. ;)

• meh1965
    meh1965
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks DenalB. I will be patient.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

:+1:

• meh1965
    meh1965
    Community Member
    Options

Still nothing...

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe @Dayton_ag is able to find your email manually. ;)

• Howdy @meh1965 🤠

We've found your email here on our end of things, and we're going to be firing off an email to you here shortly!

This discussion has been closed.