Multiple 1P options given at sign in

Options
statto1927
statto1927
Community Member
edited February 2021 in iOS

I have several logins associated with a number of different websites linked to the same organisation. They are moving towards a single sign on (SSO) model, but are not there yet.

When I try to log into one of these sites on my iPhone or iPad using 1P, and I click in the username/password field, 1P obviously offers me the available passwords - but it seems unable to differentiate between the specific logins so what is presented is my email for each possible login (which is the same in all cases) and the top level site information - in this case "ecb.co.uk", see attached screenshot.

Thus, there is no obvious way to determine which of the passwords is the correct one for the site I am trying to access.

I therefore click the 1Password option to enter open the app and choose, but it seems like extra effort that shouldn't be needed.

Is there a way to edit/amend each login to show more specific details at this point - for example by what the Login element is named? I can't find any obvious way to be able to do this.

I'm running the latest versions of 1P & iOS on all devices

Thanks

Simon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @statto1927!

I believe there are some limitations in what 1Password is allowed to display in the first popup, if I am not mistaken. At the moment you can indeed see all the information directly inside the 1Password app, although I understand it's an extra step on websites like this.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks.
    I’ll have to bear with it then... :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your understanding @statto1927. Perhaps we will be able to address this in the future, so we can certainly keep this in mind :)

This discussion has been closed.