Mini extension doesn’t appear in Safari browser on iPhone or iPad

henryr1
henryr1
Community Member

I don’t see the mini extension on my Safari on iPhone or iPad. A few times it has appeared, but I have to reopen 1Password and then it disappears. I’m also having difficulty when I have to create a new password. I can’t use the app. I have to create a new password with the 1Password app and copy and paste it to the website or app.

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: Auto
OS Version: 14.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Mini extension doesn’t appear in Safari app on iPhone

Comments

• @henryr1,

Can you clarify what you saw in Safari on iPhone and iPad? There isn't a mini present on either of those platforms. The primary way of interacting with 1Password in Safari is going to be the AutoFill extension that's accessible via the Passwords selection in the QuickType suggestions just above the keyboard.

• henryr1
    henryr1
    Community Member

That's interesting. I thought I saw a mini style extension both on the website for 1Password help and on my phone. What does this mean?
    Set up AutoFill

Before you can use 1Password to fill and save your information, you’ll need to set up 1Password on your device. Then follow these steps:

On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    Select 1Password.
    From now on, you’ll be able to fill and save passwords, without ever opening the 1Password app.

the AutoFill Passwords page in Settings

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@henryr1

We use the native Autofill feature built into iOS to do the filling. You'll need to set it up through those steps to fill in your credentials.

• henryr1
    henryr1
    Community Member

I am confused by the replies I’ve received. Here’s the title of the help article on the 1Password website.

“SAVING AND FILLING PASSWORDS

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad
    Learn how to use the 1Password extension to fill passwords, credit cards, and addresses in Safari and supported apps on your iOS device.”

I don’t know what you are referring to. I’d like to get the above recommended method to work and I can’t.

• henryr1
    henryr1
    Community Member
  • @henryr1

Please try the link Rudy supplied. I think it will help. :)

• henryr1
    henryr1
    Community Member

Thanks. I have been doing it that way in the past. The problem is when a website that I have a login and password saved for asks for a new password I don’t know how to charge the password from within 1PASSWORD.

Why can’t I make the procedure from the article I sent you work?

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@henryr1

You can if you like. I think you'll have a much better experience if you use the original article. You would need to open the app and make the change then copy the password to the site.

This discussion has been closed.