Export function

Options

I have been trying to export my information, but when I export to a text file, none of my contact information is included. It looks like my program for Mac only imports a text file. Do I have any option for transferring all of my passcard information (name, address, etc etc) and not just the user name and password.

Comments

• Hi @DePro,

Which app are you exporting from? It sounds like Roboform.

At the moment, 1Password is only capable of importing Logins and Secure Note items from most export files by default. If 1Password can't determine the Login information (username/password/website address), it'll import it as a Secure Note.

1Password for Mac does support importing from CSV format and letting you choose which field goes into specific field for 1Password.

• DePro
    DePro
    Community Member
    Options

I'm exporting from 1Password into Roboform because saving forms are no longer saving correctly in 1Password (since Mountain Lion update). It looks like Roboform for Mac will only import text files, but when I export a text file from 1Password, all I am getting is the user name and password and no contact information.

• HI @DePro,

Have you contacted us before about the auto-save issue? We're not familiar with any major auto-save/manual-save issues as it should be work just fine on Mountain Lion. I just tested on Facebook/Gmail and it auto-saved for me on 10.8.2.

However as for the 1Password export file, did you export the file with all fields checked? Can you tell me which type of item you're using to export from, so that I can test to see if it will export properly.

• DePro
    DePro
    Community Member
    Options

Forms that were saved as a 1 Password login with name, address, phone number, etc etc. and exported to a text file with the "Export All" feature.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013
    Options

I see what you are describing. The data that shows up in the "all form fields" section of Login items in the main application does not appear to be exported when exporting to CSV (i.e."Text File"). The data is definitely exported when choosing the 1PIF format, but that is of limited utility to you in this case.

My guess is that the specific form fields are not exported since they are more like "metadata" containing specific HTML form field names, etc., which is probably not very helpful to other applications besides 1Password. The "real" fields are shown in the top part of the Login's details: the URL, username, and password. Login items were not really designed for complete form filling of name, address, phone number, etc. That is what Identity items were designed to do.

All that said, I will pass this along to the developers (RM4293) to see if we can get this changed. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer at this precise time, but please do let me know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.