Usability bug when renaming tag

Options

Hi there

when renaming a tag in the current version, one would expect the whole text of the tag to be selected so one can rename it by starting to type.

Instead, the text of the tag is not selected but the curser is positioned at the end.

Sorry to be so frank but is 1Password actually a Mac only software which has been ported to Windows?

I am really sorry but the usability is really bad for Windows.

Andreas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AndreasW2!

1Password originally was created for Macs and was ported to Windows. That's right so far. Actually all apps use different kind of code and frameworks. But the devs are working hard to bring all apps on all platforms together. But it takes some time. ;)

Instead, the text of the tag is not selected but the curser is positioned at the end.

That's right. But for me, it is not a problem to delete the name of the tag manually and write a new one.

• Dayton_ag
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hey there @AndreasW2, thanks so much for bringing this behavior to our attention! I gave this a whirl on my personal machine and ran into the same result as you do - Tag contents is not highlighted by default. I can definitely see how having the full text highlighted and essentially ready to be overwritten would be helpful and speed up renaming tags! I can't make any promises for future changes to 1Password, but I have filed an internal issue with this feedback and passed it along to the Development team for their consideration. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help! :smile: :+1:

ref: /dev/windows/opw/-/issues/#4977

This discussion has been closed.