after logging in with 1password at deutsche bank the keyboard is locked

Karlheinz
Karlheinz
Community Member

Whenever I use 1password for logging in at the page of deutsche bank the keyboard refuses to work at any pages, but only letter- and number-keys...

1Password Version: 1.23.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard locked after using 1password with deutsche bank account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karlheinz!

Is this happening after you login to every website, or only on the deutsche bank website?

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Only at the deutsche Bank Website. And only if I log in with 1Password

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

And after that the keyboard ist not working at any website, nor any other software e.g. word, excel...
    But this is only valid for letter- and number-keys.

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Currently I have deleted the login in 1password and since then I had no problems (so far), even after using the deutsche bank website. Means I log in at Deutsche Bank manually.
    Maybe I did something wrong with the login which is held in 1Password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Karlheinz:

Thank you for the update!

Maybe I did something wrong with the login which is held in 1Password?

I don't think that a specific Login item could cause the keyboard to be blocked, but I think it won't hurt to try with a new Login item. Now that you have deleted the existing login, can you please try creating a new one, entering the website, username and password item manually and saving it in 1Password? Do you see the same behavior if you use this new login to access the Deutsche Bank website now?

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Sorry, my investigation took a little time...but now I can clearly confirm the following: If I use 1password on my windows 10 notebook, I face the problem with the locked keyboard sooner or later regardless which websites I visit. Therefore I tried the following: I never ever used 1password with filling in loggins, but I looked the logins up in my iphone. This is very unconvenient, but I never had the lockking-keyboard-error since 5 days. There must be something wrong with the 1password installation. What can I do?
    Help!!!! ;-)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Karlheinz ,

Can you please try creating a new user profile in your browser, then install only 1Password in that new user profile and see if you can reproduce the issue there?
    A new user profile will provide us with a clean environment, without your original profile's cache, history, 3rd party extensions and more, so if you are able to replicate the issue in a new profile we'll need to investigate your operating system. But if you are unable to replicate the issue on a new profile, then we can determine something in your main profile is causing this issue when working side by side with 1Password.

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

As I am no technician or it-guy I don´t know how to create a new user profile and further more the problem only occurs after working some hours with different websites. How should we find out if the issue is resolved or not if I do not work with the new profile???
    Can you provide another proposal to resolve the problem?

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Would it be worth to deinstall and reinstall the 1password app and have a look if it is resolved? Or is there no effect at all? Will I loose my logins then or are they available again?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Karlheinz ,
    Which browser are you using? I'll provide you with exact instructions once I know which browser you use.

Removing and re-installing 1Password might help, but I'd rather check the browser route first before removing 1Password.
    You will need to work on the new profile for a few hours and see if you encounter the issue there in order to determine whether or not the issue persists in the new profile as well.

I do believe this is the best course of action because it sounds like something in your main profile might be causing this issue to occur.

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

ok, I work with mozilla firefox latest version 86.0 (64-Bit)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Karlheinz ,

Ok, here's what you should do:

1. Create a new user profile in Firefox using this article's help from Mozilla's support website: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-remove-switch-firefox-profiles
    2. Switch into the new profile. You'll notice it is like a brand new Firefox.
    3. Install 1Password in the new Firefox you're in: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
    4. Try and work with it for a few hours and see if the issue persists.
    5. When you are done testing, switch back to your main profile.

If you were unable to reproduce the issue in the new profile, I suggest you try disabling all other extensions in your main profile and see if things work better.
    In case the same issue occurred in the new profile, let us know and we'll try troubleshooting the issue on the operating system level.

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

What I found on the firefox website: "If you are troubleshooting a problem with Firefox: The Refresh Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its default state while saving your essential information. Consider using it before going through a lengthy troubleshooting process."
    Wouldn´t this be a good idea first?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@Karlheinz This feature will delete a lot of stuff from your Firefox, including restoring settings to default, clearing cache etc.

The method I suggested will prevent losing any settings, cache and other stuff because all we do is create a new profile while maintaining your original profile intact. If you'd like to go with this option of refreshing Firefox and you don't mind it resetting/deleting some stuff - you can definitely go for it.

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

ok, thanks. I try your proposal first ;-)

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

done

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Great. Now try to use the new profile for a few hours or even a whole day and see if your keyboard locks up.

You can always switch back to your main profile if you need anything from it. :)

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Hi there, new profile, old problem. It seemed to work for a few loggins but after a while the keyboard locked up again. It was again with the deutsche bank login...
    What can we do now? Can I delet the new profile?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Yes, you can delete the new profile if the issue still occurs.

Can you please send me a direct link to the login page of this website?

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Sure, here comes the link:
    https://meine.deutsche-bank.de/trxm/db/

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Karlheinz .

I'm trying to replicate the issue here on my Windows 10 with Firefox 86. Here's what I'm doing:

1. I opened Firefox and went to https://meine.deutsche-bank.de/trxm/db/
    2. I unlocked 1Password, then manually typed in some digits in all of the fields on the form.
    3. Since 1Password did not show up inside the fields, I right clicked the 1Password icon on the top right corner of Firefox and selected "Save Login". I saved it as a new login and refreshed the page.
    4. When the page was refreshed, I clicked the 1Password icon on the top right corner, selected the login I saved and clicked on "Autofill". 1Password autofilled all the fields.
    5. I then tested my keyboard on the website and on my computer in general, but things work as they should and I did not encounter an issue.

Are my steps similar to yours? If not, please let me know what you did differently and how so I can copy your exact actions here.

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

That´s exactly what I did.
    I tried to reproduce the error and I succeeded.
    What did I do:
    1. exactly the same what you did ✅
    2. logged off with deutsche bank ✅
    3. logged in with postbank.de ✅
    4. logged in with strato.de ✅
    5. logged in with google email account ✅
    6. logged in with shopify account ✅
    7. logged in with deutsche bank again ✅
    8. started a money transfer ✅ and when I began to fill in remarks the keyboard locked up again...↯
    Further more I could experience, that it was possible to use the keyboard in all open sessions listed under 3-6, but no more anywhere else. Means not in the browser, not with outlook, not with word, not with WhatsApp, etc.
    What do you think?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info @Karlheinz .

Since I don't have a real account on that banking website, I don't actually log in but rather just stuck in the login screen autofilling made up credentials.
    I don't think 1Password can cause this issue because it is just an extension in your browser and should not affect anything outside of your browser, but perhaps 1Password alongside some other piece of software on your computer can.

I'd like you to grab the extension's log when the issue occurs and send it to us. Here's how:
    1. Open the extension's console log as shown here: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/
    2. Copy the console log's output into a text/word document.
    3. Send us that document via email to support+extensions@1password.com with a short description of the issue and a link to this forum discussion so we can connect the dots.

Hopefully the console log will shed some more light on the matter.

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Hi again,

here is the copy of the console-log. I´m going to send it to support+extensions@1password.com.
    I it possible to send a link to the team to find our conversation easyly?
    Perhaps: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/590093

Cheers
    Karlheinz

Die Zeichenkodierung des HTML-Dokuments wurde nicht deklariert. Das Dokument wird in manchen Browser-Konfigurationen mit verstümmeltem Text dargestellt, wenn das Dokument Zeichen außerhalb des US-ASCII-Bereichs enthält. Die Zeichenkodierung der Seite muss im Dokument oder Transferprotokoll deklariert werden. main.html
    Initializing 1Password... background.js:2:456053
    crypto tests: 42ms - Timer beendet background.js:2:338030
    WASM: Initializing. Log Level: Info 1.js:1:16592
    Finished initializing stable 1Password 1.23.1 in firefox (20138) background.js:2:456729
    Uncaught (in promise) Error: Invalid tab ID: 5 undefined
    Error: Invalid autocomplete selectedIndex AutoCompleteChild.jsm:125:13
    Error: Invalid autocomplete selectedIndex AutoCompleteChild.jsm:125:13
    NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS: [JavaScript Error: "Invalid autocomplete selectedIndex" {file: "resource://gre/actors/AutoCompleteChild.jsm" line: 125}]'[JavaScript Error: "Invalid autocomplete selectedIndex" {file: "resource://gre/actors/AutoCompleteChild.jsm" line: 125}]' when calling method: [nsIAutoCompletePopup::selectedIndex] LoginManagerChild.jsm:190
    PBES2g-HS256(100000): 155ms - Timer beendet background.js:2:1108940
    [LM] Started (minutes=120, lock on sleep=true). background.js:2:405773
    Error getting Privacy items from system vault Error: Unable to load system vault. Are you locked?
    loadSystemVaultItems moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    zk moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    qk moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    Jk moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    jb moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    gM moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    _M moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    YC moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    OC moz-extension://ce29d105-beca-48fe-88fc-5340dde1758b/background/background.js:2
    background.js:2:438380
    PBES2g-HS256(100000): 160ms - Timer beendet background.js:2:1108940
    Signed in successfully to TMWZXW5M45C57AOE24ORCIXGZE and loaded account details. Elapse time 2645ms. background.js:2:353201
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:2
    Attempt to postMessage on disconnected port 2 nms_transport.js:77
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:2
    Attempt to postMessage on disconnected port nms_transport.js:77
    Use of nsIFile in content process is deprecated. NetUtil.jsm:253:8

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Karlheinz ,

We didn't find anything relevant in that log you provided, 1Password seems to be behaving as expected.
    There are a few other things we can investigate though.

• Can you please describe how exactly are you autofilling on that website? Do you click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select your login item there, then click on "Autofill", or do you use keyboard shortcuts?
    • Would it be possible for you to test this in Safe Mode? We'd like to test that so we can remove any and all 3rd party apps that may be causing this. Safe Mode will boot your computer without any 3rd party apps at all (make sure to boot into Safe Mode with networking). If you can, please give it a try and see if the keyboard still locks up while in Safe Mode.
    • Have you tried logging into this website in a different browser such as Chrome or Brave? Does the issue persists in a different browser?
  • Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Hi again,

Bullet point 1: I click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of my browser and select my login item there
    Bullet point 2: How can I start the notebook in the safe mode?
    Bullet point 3: No, I haven´t. I have only the firefox browser, but if it helps I can try the edge browser?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update @Karlheinz .

Here's how to boot in Safe mode.

And yes, please test this on another browser and see if the issue persists. We need to determine whether or not this issue is system related or browser related, and these tests will help us determine that.

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

Hi,
    I can start the notebook in safe mode with networking, but I can not reach any website then...
    Now I try to use the edge browser instead of firefox and I will tell you what happens (not in safe mode).
    Thanks
    Heinz

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Karlheinz:

I can start the notebook in safe mode with networking, but I can not reach any website then...

What happens exactly when you try to reach a website in safe mode with networking?

• Karlheinz
    Karlheinz
    Community Member

There is just no network available...

This discussion has been closed.