1Password classic extension and Firefox 86.0

Options

Hi,
it seems that the classic browser extension of 1Password is not working with the most recent version of firefox (neither 64 bit nor 32 bit). Perhaps this version of firefox is not yet whitelisted? With the new Microsoft Edge and the browser vivaldi everything is working fine on my computer.
Regards
Micha

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 Pro 64bit 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mscx
    mscx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have just tested it on another Computer, on this machine it's working. Seems to be a problem related to my other PC, hmmm...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mscx!

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "not working"? What happens exactly in Firefox when you try to use the classic extension?

• mscx
    mscx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana,
    thank you for the reply. The icon of the extension is greyed out (deactivated), but in firefox settings the add-on is set to "activate" . it seems that the extension cannot connect to the desktop app. But this only happens on one pc, on the other pc (same versions of add-on, desktop app and OS) everything is working as expected.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

@mscx:

This can happen in certain cases after an update. Can you please try quitting and relaunching Firefox once? Should that not be enough, try quitting 1Password completely as well. If you now relaunch 1Password, it should be able to connect to Firefox once again.

• mscx
    mscx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I followed the individual steps, it didn't work. Finally, I completely uninstalled the program and deleted the folder under Appdata/Local. Then reinstalled the desktop app, now it works :-). Very strange, just happens sometimes ;-)

• @mscx:

I'm glad things are back up and running! As you said - sometimes things just need a helping hand to start working again. :smile: Feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can do to help! :smile: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.