Desktop App / Browser Extension - Open and fill does not work - the login fields are not autofilled

Options

Hi 1password team,

I have a login item saved with username, password and website URL. When I click on the website URL inside the app or browser extension, the configured website URL loads but the user/pwd fields are not filled automatically with the credentials stored for this website.

When I focus on one of the user/password fields, small popup with 1password suggestions appears to let me choose the saved login and when I click on the desired item, the credentials are automatically filled. But that single click on "Open and fill" should work.

For browsers, I've tried Chome, Firefox and Edge, all without success...

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Win 10 Professional
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @krokyk!

Any suggestions?

Yes. Only the 1Password classic extension is working together with the Windows desktop app. But you don't use the classic extension because of the little popup with suggestions when clicking into a username / password field. Such a popup doesn't exist in the classic extension. ;)

You can get the classic extension from here:
    https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

If you install the classic extension you only have to unlock the Windows desktop app or the extension once. ;)

• krokyk
    krokyk
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey there, that fixed it! Thank you. I'm curious though, what are the pros and cons of using the classic one vs. the one that can be easily installed from the chrome web store (the one I had apparently)? And why isn't the classic extension offered via the web store?

One thing I see immediately is that it does not integrate into the form fields... Not sure if this is a big disadvantage for me (or even a disadvantage at all), time will tell.

EDIT: Any plans of adding this to the "official" web store version?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

The biggest pro for me is that the classic extension is working together with the Windows desktop app. But 1Password devs are working on implementing this feature into the 1Password in the browser extension.

Another pro for the classic extension is that you are able to use a local vault if you don't have a 1Password membership. 1Password in the browser instead is only able to use the 1Password membership.

A big pro is also that the classic extension stays unlocked as long as the Windows desktop app is unlocked. 1Password in the browser is locking when closing the browser, and you have to log in every time you start the browser.

And of course a con is that the classic extension doesn't look that fancy. It's more a "classic" extension than a "modern" one, if you know what I mean. ;)

• krokyk
    krokyk
    Community Member
    Options

I see, thanks for the info and solution to my problem

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome! :+1:

• @DenalB

Good Morning. Thanks for the assist.

@krokyk

It looks like you found your answer. 🎉 I'll be moving along. Let us know if you have any questions.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

:+1: ;)

• Thanks for your help as always, DenalB! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.