When 1password is locked, it ignores the setting 'browser autosave except...'

Options
Syd
Syd
Community Member

When 1password is unlocked it honors the settings in 'Settings'->'Browsers'->'Autosave'-> except on the following domains.

However when locked, it prompts me for the password to unlock every time, then as soon as I unlock it, it goes away because the domain is set to not save the password.

I think this setting should be visible to 1password even when 'locked'. Especially since my 'development' sites, 192.168.206.128 and 192.168.206.128:81 are the ones I'm trying to block.

Anyway to make this work?

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hey there @Syd, good question! This is not possible when 1Password is locked. Since everything is encrypted by your Master Password, there is nothing to indicate to the extension that it should not be functioning on the webpage - it only knows that it's locked. Once the app itself is unlocked and can check its rules is it able to see that it's been requested to not save or fill on this particular webpage, and then removes the prompt.

• Syd
    Syd
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps this list of do not check sites should be cached once unlocked for preventing the pop up? Is there a huge security risk in the names of the sites?

I access those sites often throughout the day and the pop ups are very annoying.

• Blake
    edited March 2021
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @Syd

I can totally see how that would get annoying. While I'm not entirely sure on how a feature like this would work, from a security-perspective -- I'll certainly pass your feedback along to our development team for further consideration! 😊

This discussion has been closed.