Feature Request: Double-click option for tray icon

Options
jamiehankins
jamiehankins
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When you single-click on the 1Password tray icon, it brings up the mini app, which is great. However, it would be nice if double-clicking on the tray icon would bring up the full app. You could add this as an option to avoid unexpected behavior changes for people who are used to the current behavior.

I know that you can right-click on it to get the full app, but double-clicking on it would be more convenient.

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @jamiehankins!

Great feature request. Actually I'm using the keyboard shortcut to open the app. Double-clicking the icon to open the app would be nice. :+1:

• Blake
    Options

Thanks a bunch for writing in and sharing your feedback @jamiehankins 💙

I know I'd certainly love to see this sort of addition for myself, so I'll definitely be passing it along to our development teams internally!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Blake ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jamiehankins and @DenalB,

You can also try holding Ctrl key on your keyboard and then left-clicking 1Password icon in the tray. It should open the full app. :)

Give it a try and let me know how it works. :+1:

++
    Greg

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Woah... @Greg you are the best!

You can also try holding Ctrl key on your keyboard and then left-clicking 1Password icon in the tray. It should open the full app. :)

I didn't know about such a "shortcut". It works great. Thank you very much. :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DenalB: You are very welcome! :) :+1: Always happy to help.

++
    Greg

• Arjailer
    Arjailer
    Community Member
    Options

Recently upgraded from 1P v6 to v7 and have never previously used 1P-mini, so I came here to see if there was a way to make the full app the default when double-clicking.

It's a shame you can't, but at least people are talking about it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback as well @Arjailer, I am sure our developers will find it useful :+1:

This discussion has been closed.