Photo of passport?

I would like to store things (like a photo of my passport) on 1Password, but I can't seem to find instructions on how to do this. The "Link Items" support page says you can do things like link a photo of your passport to " the Passport item you have already saved." I'm not sure what this means. What is a Passport item? How do I upload a photo of my passport into 1Password? What about other files (like scanned insurance cards)? Can someone point me to instructions on how to do this? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:link items

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robto!

What is a Passport item?

When you create a new 1Password item, you can choose what type of item this is: Login, Password, Identity etc. One of the categories is Passport, so that is the one you should choose.

How do I upload a photo of my passport into 1Password? What about other files (like scanned insurance cards)? Can someone point me to instructions on how to do this?

If you want to upload any file, you can use a document item for this:

Save important files in 1Password

• robto
    robto
    Community Member

Thanks, but I don't have Passport on the list. I only see Login, Secure Note, Credit Card, Identity, Password (in that order). That's on my desktop app. Similarly, on my Chrome extension, I see the same list except for Secure Note, plus I see the Password generator. The app claims it is up to date (7.6.793).

• @robto

Can you make sure that when you're creating a new item, you're clicking the "+" button as shown in the screenshot below, and then choosing the "Passport" option from the dropdown list?

This discussion has been closed.