Copy/Paste not working in Windows after a while

Options

When Windows initially starts up, I'm able to use 1P normally and can copy anything from 1P to another app.

But after a while, suddenly the copy/paste function no longer works. I can still autocomplete fields by clicking on the icon in the browser or using the keyboard shortcut but if I want to manually copy a password field (or any other field) it fails to copy it because the Paste command is greyed out. Same issue from 1P app or the browser extension.

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 v1909
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Copy/Paste not working in Windows after a while

Comments

• Hey @two7offsuit, I'm really sorry you're running into this issue with 1Password - let's get things back up and running. When this issue occurs, are you able to copy/paste outside of 1Password? For example, are you able to copy a bit of text from a browser and paste that copied text into a text editor?

• two7offsuit
    two7offsuit
    Community Member
    Options

hey @Dayton_ag thanks for following up. Yes I am. Copy/paste works as normal outside 1Password.

• Dayton_ag
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi @two7offsuit, thanks for that! I'd like to take a look at some diagnostics from your device, from after this issue has occurred. Since the diagnostics report does contain some personally-identifiable information (and this is a public forum), let's continue this conversation over email. You can generate a diagnostics report using the steps below:

Generate a diagnostics report

Once generated, please attach it to an email to support+windows@1password.com, and paste my name (Dayton) somewhere in your email so it gets routed to me. Once you get a reply, you'll receive a Conversation ID - it'll look something like this: [ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to link things up on my end.

Thanks so much! :smile:

ref: ZRX-73235-982

This discussion has been closed.