Please, no jumping into the Trash

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

A recent change is causing the view to switch to the Trash when all items in a vault are deleted. I do this routinely when testing imports, and this switch is troublesome. It's not only time consuming to keep switching back to All Items, but it's confusing and jarring.

Can this be fixed, or reverted if intentional (it's just wrong to yank the context away like this).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MrC!

I cannot reproduce this in 1Password for Mac 7.8.1.BETA-1 (70801001). These are the steps I followed:

1. Switch to a new vault
    2. Select all of the items with Cmd+A
    3. Right-click > Move to Trash

After doing this, I remained in the same vault, and 1Password did not take me to the Trash. Are you doing this a different way?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ag_ana

It happens fairly often for me. I’ll check tomorrow for steps to reproduce. Thx.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @MrC, thank you!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Options

@ag_ana

I'm not sure if there are any specific steps. It took me three attempts to get the issue to appear, but once it does, it seems to happy fairly often. Here's a video.

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.1.BETA-1 (70801001)
    1Password Beta

• rudy
    Options

@MrC,

I know an extremely easy way to trigger it, hold down the command key and click on the row in the category list side bar that is currently selected. You should suddenly see the item list show items from the current vault, including items that are in the trash.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Options

@rudy - Ah, yes. I almost always have All Items selected, and clicking that as per your instructions does show trash items.

And that leads me to figure out what is causing me to see the issue. I import a 1PIF, and if I just close the Import dialog directly (via the window close control), I stay in All Items and so deleting all the items does not yank me to the trash.

If, however, I click the View Imported Items in that dialog, I'm taken to the import Tag just created in the side bar. Deleting all items now puts me in the Trash.

This discussion has been closed.