Windows 10: Unknown Hard Error - Known problem?

DenalB
DenalB
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Sometime after sending my Windows 10 into energy save mode and waking it up again the following error pops up.

".NET-BroadcastEventWindow.4.0.0.0.12828af.0: 1 Password.exe - System Error"

"Unknown Hard Error"

After clicking the OK button and logging into Windows I'm able to open 1Password as normal. Everything seems to be okay.
.Net Framework 4.8 is installed on my Windows 10.
I'm not able to find any error report in the Event Viewer for 1Password.

Any idea where this error comes from? Should I send a diagnostic report for further help?

1Password Version: 7.6.797
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dayton_ag
    edited April 2021

Hey @DenalB, thanks for writing in with this! Let's continue this conversation over email so we can grab some diagnostics information. Could you send me an email at support+windows@1password.com?

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

ref: NLQ-55677-849

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks a lot for the help. :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Dayton, you are welcome @DenalB, let us know once you have sent the email :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Thanks, @ag_ana ! I'm already in contact with Dayton via email. Everything is fine. ;)

PS: Just wanted to mention that I didn't get an ID after sending the email to you. Dayton answered on his own. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Just to inform you about the process of this topic.

I got a fix from @Dayton_ag which seem to work fine so far. The problem is that this fix is only implemented in an older version of 1Password Windows desktop app. But hopefully it will be implemented soon, so I'm able to update to the latest version again. :+1:

Thanks a lot @Dayton_ag and team for helping! ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Dayton, you are welcome! And thank you for the update :+1:

This discussion has been closed.