It happened to me twice now that 1Password on Mac behaves unexpectedly and "wonky" right after initial setup.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install 1Password on Mac (I use homebrew)
- Initialize a new account by scanning QR code from recovery PDF
- Enter the master password created on the web
- Account is logged in, shared items/vaults are synced and displayed
- Send a copy of items from my personal vault to the newly initialized account
- An "Account verification error" (or Chyba ověření účtu in cs_CZ localization) pops up with a field to enter master password in
- The correct master password is not recognized
- When I cancel the verification window, I can still access already synced items
- The verification window pops up I guess on next sync attempt.
- When I close (mac-q, or from main menu) 1Password and open it again, it does not require master password (!) and shows all items again, directly accessible. The verification window pops up again after a while
- This might be intentional and configurable, but I don't see it as a reasonable default, also it behaves differently from other platforms
- I have to terminate the process entirely. After that, everything works as expected, including synchronization.
Is there a way to mitigate 6? Can this somehow be altered to be more coherent and error-free?
1Password Version: 7.8.1 (70801003)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Big Sur, current latest
Sync Type: 1Password Business