Allow length change or not use special chars on generated password

Options

Either changing a password on a web site or registering into a new web site, the generation comes up with some set length pw that may
contain special chars. I used LastPass the past 3 years and in the suggested pw panel that came up, it contain a slider to change the
length of the pw, and button to either allow the use of special char or not. Is there a reason 1Password cannot implement this in your
API ? Even allowing me to EDIT the suggested pw, to remove ! or * from the suggested pw, or drop 1 or 2 chars would be welcomed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Allow length change or not use special chars on generated password

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@kelvinlewis Have you found the password generator? Using 1Password in the browser, click on the 1Password icon -> Large '+' in circle -> Password Generator. Here you can choose a password type, adjust the recipe for that password type, manually edit the generated password and choose which type is used by the Suggested Password function.

• kelvinlewis
    kelvinlewis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this info...a bit awkward from LastPass. In my case, I was changing my Google password. I use 1Password to fill in the
    current pw, I then hit the little 1Password icon in the new pw field, and it shows a Suggested pw to use...and this is where it would
    be a big plus to the UI to allow me to select use of symbols or not, length of pw....or at the very least, allow me to EDIT the
    suggested pw. Is this hard to implement in a future release ?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@kelvinlewis I don't have any inside information, but I understand there's a change coming in the next release of 1Password in the browser. If 1Password detects that you're on a password change field and you click on the browser extension icon, the password generator will appear as one of the fill options.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

this is where it would be a big plus to the UI to allow me to select use of symbols or not, length of pw....or at the very least, allow me to EDIT the suggested pw.

Thank you for your feedback @kelvinlewis! I just wanted to let you know that I have passed your feedback to the developers for future consideration :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#447

This discussion has been closed.