Can I designate someone to aecess my acct when I die? Other than just giving them my pw?

Can I designate someone to aecess my acct when I die? Other than just giving them my pw?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:backup contact

Comments

• @pktex You can leave your Emergency Kit and Two Factor Authentication details with your will, but make sure you update it in the event of a master password change.
    Alternatively you can give your email password and 2FA to one of your family members to store in their Private vault and make another one of your family members a Family Organiser. In the event of your untimely demise they could then work together to recover your account.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@pktex:

Adding a second Family Organizer is indeed a good idea for this:

Implement a recovery plan for your family

• pktexpktex

Thank you for your responses I'll take a look!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are welcome @pktex, let us know if you have any other questions :)

• Hello,

A second Family Organizer is great for that BUT in case of death (of the first Family Organizer):

The first Family Organizer email might be inaccessible (by the second one)
    so the completion of the recovery plan is impossible!

I think it would be really useful to be able to add a parameter to setup a delay (like 7, 14, 30, 60, 90 days) of no response before proceeding automatically (and send reminds via email in the meantime).

• Forgot to mention:

What is the behavior when using a 2FA in the situation I mentioned?

I mean: loss of the 2FA of the 1st Family Organizer who died (phone destruction typically)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@OlivierP:

The first Family Organizer email might be inaccessible (by the second one) so the completion of the recovery plan is impossible!

Right, access to that email would be necessary, as missingbits explained in their post above:

Alternatively you can give your email password and 2FA to one of your family members to store in their Private vault and make another one of your family members a Family Organiser.

Both are needed :+1:

What is the behavior when using a 2FA in the situation I mentioned?

There are several ways to temporarily disable 2FA if you have access to the Emergency Kit, so to all of the other login information:

If you lose access to your authenticator app

• Dear Ana,

Thank you very much for your reply.

So, in the case I mentioned:

the 2nd Family Organizer (FO) is stuck if access to 1st FO email's is impossible.

Your customers have to be aware of this... because they might know that when it's too late...

So once again:
    I think it would be really useful to be able to add a parameter to setup a delay (like 7, 14, 30, 60, 90 days) of no response before proceeding automatically without email confirmation (and send reminds via email in the meantime).

Can you ask the dev team if they can plan this feature (or have a plan for it)?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited May 7

@OlivierP:

We don't have specific plans at the moment, as far as I know, but I will pass your feedback to the developers :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#29

• Thanks!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are welcome @OlivierP! If you have any other suggestions, let us know :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file